Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Insanity. Pure insanity.

This, I can't believe...

Mississippi law would ban serving obese people

"A state lawmaker wants to ban restaurants from serving food to obese customers — but please, don't be offended. He says he never even expected his plan to become law.

'I was trying to shed a little light on the number one problem in Mississippi,' said Republican Rep. John Read of Gautier, who acknowledges that at 5-foot-11 and 230 pounds, he'd probably have a tough time under his own bill."

And this guy is a Republican. It is shameful. Just who do these people think they are? Even if he never intended it to become law, I can't believe he had the guts to even bring it up. I'm sure the people of Mississippi who voted for this guy sure didn't ask him to play "mommy" for them. I mean, really...banning fat people from restaurants? This is government-run-amok in its purest form. It makes our LB1141 look like a battle cry for freedom. I think there needs to be some pink slips going around.


No comments: