Wednesday, June 13, 2007

No, I'm just fat, thank you.

Today while out shopping for Don's Father's Day gift, the lady at the register asked me the BIG question. The one mere mortals fear to ask. The one that could get you slapped, if you're not careful. Or, one that could send the recipient home to drown her sorrows in Oreo cookies.

"When are you due?"

I guess I'm showing enough now that the difference is obviously baby. At 18.5 weeks. Hmmm...I think this happened MUCH later with my first. With Caleb, I was barely showing at 20 weeks. And certainly not enough to risk "the question".

In other fascinating baby news, I've been feeling the little guy (or girl!) kick this past week. It's pretty cool. But, it makes me realize that I'm ACTUALLY having a baby! It's quite bizarre, really. It's been so long since I held a newborn of mine, that it seems so unreal to me. Every so often, I just marvel that in November, I'll be holding this little one.

No comments: