Thursday, June 14, 2007

It's hot as a really, really hot thing out there

Being pregnant in Phoenix over the summertime is hard. Yes, it was hot when we lived in Texas, but not quite like this. Here, it is 109 degrees today at 5pm-ish. And it's only June. This is a relatively tame month.

I was trying to describe the perils of pregnancy in the heat and this is how far I got: "My feet swell up like...two big things that don't fit in my shoes anymore." Now, is that creative, or what? Really, people. My mind is as sharp as a really sharp thing that would hurt if it poked you. My wit is as quick as something that would go really fast and go whoosh as it went past you.

I don't know if it's my age or this pregnancy, but I'm blaming both. And, if it's my age, well, it's all downhill from here, right? I'm only 32 (or twenty-twelve, as my friend Stella puts it.) Maybe it's a little of the heat sprinkled in too, though. But, this mind of mine is seriously deteriorating. And, really? It's hit me like a big two-ton heavy thing.

No comments: