Saturday, November 25, 2006

Who knew?

I am actually capable of screaming my lungs out like a horror movie star. Who knew? I'm not normally a screamer. It's not really my thing. But, Tuesday morning, while dh was on the phone, mind you, I discovered a talent that I didn't know I had. I SCREAMED.


What caused this, you ask? A very reasonable question. I GRASPED A LIVE SCORPION WITH MY BARE FINGERS!!! I'm still shuddering at the memory. I reached into the abyss we like to refer to as the junk drawer & pulled out the big roll of packing tape. I just needed a little piece because the manila envelope's glue wasn't sticking. And, well, I just like to make sure my mail is very secure. Anywho, there was a rubber band stuck to the tape. Well, I thought it was a rubber band, anyway. So, like any normal person, I grabbed it to pull it off the tape. Why on earth would I expect it to be wriggling in my fingers? Why would I have checked before to make sure it wasn't actually a poisonous creature in disguise? Why in this madhouse full of scorpions would I have thought that? Well, it started to wriggle & I pulled my fingers away to look, and, well, that's when the screaming started. I threw the tape roll & ran around in circles, screaming. What does Don say to the person on the phone? He says, "oh, it's just a scorpion." All calm like that. Like I didn't just have the little booger between my fingers. Like my LIFE wasn't just on the line. Ok, maybe I exagerate a little. But, I'm tellin' you, it was waaaay scary.


Caleb tells me that the Lord protected me by having it's little stinger stuck to the tape. I have NO doubt about that one.


Did you know that you can go from chilly to dripping with sweat in a matter of a few seconds over a brush with a scorpion? It's true.


Anyway, I'm thinking of trying out for a part in Scream 4. Or whatever they may be up to. I think I'd be good at it.


I can't wait til we move. I can't wait til we move. I can't wait til we move...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ick, ick, ick, ick! I used to tell hubby, "Let's move far away. I hear Arizona is nice and arid, not humidity to bother you, and not as populous as St. Louis... let's just go."

I didn't think about the scorpions.

Ick, ick, ick, ick, ick! Hope you like Nebraska better.

Many blessings,
Christi