Monday, February 13, 2006

One of my greatest joys

There are so many things I love about homeschooling. Things that I never thought of before we started, but now, are just a happy part of life. Things like the ability to make a dentist or doctor appt without having to worry about missing school. Things like being able to travel whenever we want and for how long we want (as long as Don gets off!) Things like having all these delicious books piled high enough to have completely filled 22 shelves, including stacking on top of each row, all for our pleasure.

But, one of the greatest joys I have being tackled by my children because they desperately want me to read another chapter. I can't explain the joy of them loving the books, loving the time togther, loving my attention, and loving my effort to read interestingly. To be literally piled on & knocked over in a mad struggle to gain control of the book & then to have them scream & laugh, trying to get me to keep reading. It's absolutely priceless. And, with homeschooling, I get to experience it over & over again. I wouldn't trade this for anything!

No comments: