I have had this on my to-do list for, seriously, 2 years. I kept thinking it would be a good winter project. Unfortunately, those seem to really stack up and by the time winter rolls around, I have 10 months worth of projects. Well, I finally just decided to get this done (and ignore the 3 foot-tall stack of material waiting to be sewn into various garments).
Caleb's room is full of all sorts of animal prints. We purchased unfinished furniture for him a long time ago (back when we were city dwellers and I had all the time in the world) for me to paint. I painted his dresser and desk with each drawer sporting a different print. I was really pleased with the results. Over the years, I've added a few more things which I've also painted, such as a shelf and a set of wooden letters spelling out his name. When we remodeled the kitchen, I new exactly what I wanted to do with the old oak kitchen ceiling fan that no longer matched the new look. I'd move it to Caleb's room and paint it. I also replaced the glass over the light bulbs, since they were a little frilly.
I'm happy with the way it turned out. I had to turn the flash off because it kept reflecting off the lacquer finish, so it is a little dark, but there is one blade each of zebra, tiger, giraffe, and leopard.