Friday, June 26, 2009

Deadline

Please pray...
I have an induction scheduled for July 1st. The doctors are getting antsy, especially as I'm a VBAC and they feel like they are already "allowing" me to do something special. By July 1st, if I haven't gone into labor on my own, I will be forced to decide whether to walk away completely or let them proceed with the induction.

I feel strongly that one intervention leads to another. If I allow an induction, I put myself at risk for a cascading stream of interventions. And, pitocin is the major cause of post-cesarean scar rupture.

So, please pray, if you would, that I would go into labor, the sooner the better, on my own!

2 comments:

Momma Miller said...

Hey Gina! Congrats on the upcoming birth. I follow you in my blog reader and just rarely comment. But I just wanted to let you know you're in my prayers--can't wait to see pictures of the new little one!

My OB mentioned doing the same thing for our VBAmC this year and, as you may already know, we switched to a VBA2C home birth in my last three weeks of pregnancy. Something just felt off because my hospital seemed to think they were more in charge of my birth than I was. Initially there was some fear in that last minute decision, but it melted away before my birth week. And the whole experience was amazing.

I'm always so excited to meet another VBACing mommy. So if there's any love and support I can send your way, please let me know. May God be with you and your family as you welcome this little one to the world outside the womb. I'll be back soon!

~Shaye

http://millermemoir.blogspot.com
http://millermemo.com/BrightonBirth.html
*********************************

Anonymous said...

I'm praying Gina!! Can't wait to hear your news and see pics of the newest addition!!!

~Jill Brown