Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The farmer and the USDA man

A cocky U.S. Department of Agriculture representative stopped at a farm and talked with an old farmer.
He told the farmer, "I need to inspect your farm."

The old farmer said, "OK, but don't go in that field right over yonder."

The Agriculture representative said, "Mister, I have the authority of the United States Government with me. See this card? The card means I am allowed to go WHEREVER I WISH on any agricultural land, no questions asked or answered.

Have I made myself clear?
Do you understand!"

The farmer nodded politely and went about his farm chores.


Half an hour later, the farmer heard loud screams and saw the Agriculture Rep running for the fence and close behind was the farmer's huge-horned prize bull. The bull was gaining on the Agriculture Rep with every step.

The Rep was clearly terrified, so farmer immediately threw down his tools, ran to the fence and shouted out, "Your card! Your card! Show him your card!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ha ha ha! Good one! My dh just happens to be a commercial farm risk consultant, he'll get a kick out of this!