Saturday, February 9, 2008

A walk in the pasture

We took a little walk in the pasture today. Well, little is a relative term, I suppose. We probably walked about a mile, but when you are walking on that much land, it's pretty easy to do a mile. The snow is melting and there was a lot of little streams from the runoff and even a few little waterfalls. Bonnie came with us for the romp and thoroughly enjoyed herself. We found some canine tracks that were about twice the size of hers, which we guess are from coyote. She's obviously got some growing to do before she can do much guarding. Caleb brought his rifle with...just in case. He was hoping to spot a raccoon or possum, but there were none around. Meagan did what Meagan always does in the pasture. She picked flowers. Of course, they are all dry and dead, but still pretty in her eyes and she brought a large bouquet back for my vase. Abby hasn't been out on the pasture since I was trying to induce labor! Tucked into my coat, she was so snug that she promptly went to sleep.

It was so enjoyable to be able to just bundle up and head on out for a walk. No leash laws. No car ride to get there. Just wide open spaces, with a few woods thrown in for fun. I love the country.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

I scrolled down to your last picture - how sweet - your Abby! I have an Abby too. Fun visiting you ...

Jeff said...

Your wide open spaces are fabulous. Are you as enchanted by the weather as I am? A little different than AZ, eh?

What are you carrying Abby in?

Gina said...

I love the weather. It's so nice to experience seasons...and the kids are having a blast with their sleds!

I'm carrying Abby in a Hotslings carrier. Got it at Target, but it would've been super easy to sew. I like it, but I'm wondering if I won't want more versatility as she grows.