Friday, February 29, 2008

Umm, better make that Sew Nothing Friday

They say that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Well, I don't know if I'd go that far, but I'd could say that the road leads to not having a Sew Crafty Friday post yet again. I guess I could blame it on Leap Day...I thought there was a day between Thursday and Friday this week?

I've been working on dresses for my nieces this week, but wanted to finish the first one this morning. But when it is 50 degrees, sunny, and wind speeds of 10mph or less, you gotta get those outside chores done. Like they say, you better make hay while the sun is shining. I wasn't making hay, though. I was making a rabbit hutch.

We spent the morning picking up supplies for a 4-rabbit hutch to hang up in the barn. That, along with the 2 cages we already have, will be enough for winter housing for 6 rabbits. And after lunch, Meagan and I got to work building it. I've gotten the bottom and sides done and am now working on the partitions. I'm only inside now because Abby needed feeding. She spent the afternoon sleeping on a blanket outside in the sunshine. She loved it. The chickens, the cats, and the dog all came to check her out. Luckily, the 2 nasty Black Giant roosters stayed away. (They are scheduled for the chicken plucker tomorrow.)

Well, it's back to work I go. I've still got another hour and a half, at least, of sunshine. I will hopefully have time to work on the dresses tonight. Or at least get them finished by next Friday.

No comments: