Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Baby, it's cold outside!

I've told a couple of people locally that we didn't have water at home because of a kitchen remodel and both of them said, "Oh, did the water freeze up?" I guess they assumed that it was a forced remodel due to water damage. Which I guess would be very possible since it is currently 4 degrees and 2 mornings ago it was -7. Much different from what we experienced last winter in Arizona!

We still have no kitchen sink, but the water is back on! That means I am currently doing dishes in the itty bitty bathroom sink. And, the countertops on the cabinets that are left are completely covered with things that used to be in cabinets. It is quite a disaster. But, that's not the best part. The best part is that I realized that I am having a dinner party on Thursday night and that there is no possible way that we will be done, let alone have a kitchen sink! It should be interesting.

The good thing is that it is my cousin and her family. They will certainly understand. After all, her mom (my dear aunt) has been working on her kitchen remodel since my cousin's first baby was a beginning toddler. He's now 9.5 years old. It's been years since they've had a kitchen sink. If I finish this before 2009, I'll still be lightning-fast compared with my aunt! Luckily, though, I plan on finishing before February.

No comments: