Monday, October 15, 2007

Rain, rain, go away...

...my basement's had enough water for today.

Yep, the basement has flooded. We had rain all weekend long and it finally started to seep into the basement last night. I THOUGHT I was done unpacking boxes until after the baby came, but then those boxes left all got wet & needed immediate unpacking. So, now, I have a pile of stuff that I didn't want to have to deal with yet all over in piles on the sofa, chair, and coffee table. I guess my plans for today have changed.

It is still drizzling, but the water has receded from the basement, so I'm hoping that the worst is over. It's been more than 12 years since I've lived with a basement, so I'm completely not used to this. And, coming from Arizona, it's been about 3 years since I've seen rain. Ok, ok. So, I exaggerate a little.

The ponds in the pasture are filled to capacity. When we got here, one of the ponds was pretty low & another didn't have any water. It does make for some nice views out the window.

The earthworms are desperately trying to get out of the rain and we even had one come INTO THE HOUSE! Of course, he was a little misguided, since he was heading down the stairs to the basement...

There was a rainbow yesterday evening, which is a little strange since it was still raining and there was lightning streaking across in front of it. I was glad for the reminder, though, that we needn't start building a boat. I was starting to wonder.

The rain can stop now. We've been welcomed to Nebraska enough for now!!

Rain, rain, go away.
Come again another day (in smaller increments, please.)

No comments: