Monday, June 25, 2007

Will this ever be over?

I have my second appointment with the OB on Thursday. I really, really wish it could be with the midwife, but I'm still holding out hope that I'll be able to find a home birth midwife in NE. So, last visit, I was in the exam room answering questions while the nurse filled out a form. Why I couldn't fill the thing out myself in the waiting room, I don't know. But, the nurse was new and it was a bit comical. She asked if I had any history of some 3-letter acronym. I asked what it meant and she confessed that she had no idea! She had to go ask. Further into the questions, she asked my age (again) and I answered 32. Now, I know she was only reading the questions and not making small talk, but only a few questions later, she asks "Will this pregnancy last until you are 35 years of age?"

Oh, heaven help me, I hope not!

No comments: