Saturday, March 10, 2007

Sweet Potato Dollars

I've gotta share this recipe. My whole family really wasn't digging any of the sweet potato recipes that I had tried. We'd all eat it, but not happily. A sure sign that Meagan doesn't like something is that she takes forever to eat. She'll eat it, but it may take 2 hours. But, sweet potatoes are supposed to be so good for you, so I wanted to find some way to cook them that didn't make us feel like we'd have to force it down, right?, cause if that is the case, I'm just not going to make them.

So, I found this recipe in Nourishing Traditions & it's so delicious. And, I've read that sweet potatoes are best absorbed when eaten with a fat, so the butter & olive oil do the trick. Everyone, even the kids, love, love, love this recipe. And, the obvious indication of that is that Meagan scarfs them down.

Here it is:
Sweet Potato Dollars

3-4 sweet potatoes
3 tbsp melted butter
3 tbsp olive oil
sea salt

Peel potatoes & slice crosswise at 1/4-inch intervals into "dollars."
Brush 2 cookie sheets (I usually only need my 1 PC stoneware bar pan with 3 potatoes) with mixture of butter and olive oil. Arrange dollars in one layer and brush with remaining butter & oil. Season lightly with salt. Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees.

Serves 4

Enjoy!!

No comments: