Wednesday, October 18, 2006

A Scrapbooking Fool

I've been scrapping my heart out for the past few days. I was seriously behind. Well, I know many are further behind, but seriously behind for this organizational nut. I had to stretch my brain back to January of 2005 and try to make sense of the pile of pictures. When we stopped using the film camera, I stopped getting that handy little date printed in the corner. It made for some interesting research. Luckily, I had organized the digitals in several folders on the computer, labeling each one with a general date. Almost none of my pages actually say April 4th-they just say April. I have no idea of the exact date. To exacerbate the problem, we also stopped using a normal calendar...we now use a whiteboard calendar, so I don't have an old calendar to flip back through. I'll have to work on figuring out a better way to keep track. Or, just work on the scrapbooks more often!!

Anyway, in the last few days, I caught myself up to Christmas of 2005 and have done 30 pages. Whew! I still have lots to do, but I'm getting there. I have a new project I want to start (sewing - for the first time with a pattern! - a bonnet and prairie dress for Meagan) but I've promised myself I will get the scrapbooks caught up first. I hate to have lots of unfinished projects. My goal is to be done by the weekend & then to be able to start the sewing next week. We'll see if that is realistic.

No comments: