Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I can sew!! I can sew!!

I met my goal of having my scrapbooks caught up by the end of the weekend (whoo hoo!!!) and I've started my sewing project. It was touch & go there for a while, but I think I've gotten the hang of it. I've cut all the pieces out & have been piecing them together. So far, I have one sleeve completed & attached to the bodice, and, well, it looks like a sleeve! I must say that I'm amazed. I had visions of the Cosby Show when Denice sewed the Gordon Gatrell shirt for Theo & it looked hideous! Don says, "You still have the other sleeve to do, you know." What an encourager! But seriously, I am so happy that I was able to conquer all the gathering. I'm still a little nervous about the upcoming zipper, but I'll jump off that bridge when I get to it. Until then, all I have to say is that while sewing without lessons is possible, it certainly would help if the pattern instructions didn't assume you knew anything at all. Because I didn't. And they did. And, well, it wasn't pretty there for a while.

No comments: