Monday, July 3, 2006

Packin' up

Today I started packing. We are still in a bit of limbo mode. We've accepted the buyer's offer, but since they have 10 days to back out with inspections & such, I don't want to be sitting here with everything packed & have to put the house back on the market. I've been trying to pack only things that won't have an impact on the look of the house. Items from the cabinets & closets, mostly. To make matters a bit more complicated, I'm packing 2 levels of things...those things we'll be needing through the next year & those things which I can just pack now & leave packed until we settle in Nebraska.

It's so weird to think that in less than 3 weeks, we'll be living somewhere else. I told the kids we'll have to use the pool as much as we possibly can between now & then because we most likely will not have a rental with a pool. But, who knows. There are always community pools, but I really hate going to those. They are always so busy & hard to keep track of the kids at. They are filled with people running around in outfits that make me blush! And, it's a lot of work to pack up & go there. We've been really spoiled to be able to just jump in on the spur of a moment. And, in this heat, it's not like we'd be doing anything else outside! But, there are a few rentals with pools, so maybe, just maybe.

No comments: