Saturday, July 11, 2009

Another week slips by...

Today is 43 weeks. As crazy as that sounds, I'm finding that it really isn't as unusual as it may seem. Nor as dangerous as you may have heard. I've discovered a website with a whole section devoted to "Ten Month Mamas". It has been very encouraging and helpful to read, especially in my more emotional moments.

Today is my Grandma's birthday and she has put in her vote that today be the day. Hey, I'm all for that. But, something tells me I have a bit more to wait. The good news, of course, is that baby is healthy and happy in there (he or she lets me know MANY times a day!) and I'm just waiting on baby to be ready to make that momentous journey out of my womb and into Daddy's arms.

Keep us in your prayers, if you will!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Gina!

I told you I keep checking! ;) I am praying for you. I was just talking to my mom today (she enjoys reading your blog now too) and I was saying how I really haven't heard of being 3 weeks late. She said "oh it used to happen ALL the time... they just don't let people do it anymore!" So, again, I applaud you and pray for a safe and healthy HOME delivery!! Are both Don's parents there now or just Mrs.? I'll keep checking!

~Jill

Rachel said...

You don't know me, I just read your blog, but you have been on my mind a lot the past couple of weeks. I pray for you often and will continue to do so. It sounds like the Lord is giving you a lot of peace right now--He is so good!

Red Gate said...

Thanks for the updates! I check every day to see if there is any news.

TeamBettendorf said...

You are doing an amazing job!! Baby is just enjoying the wonderful life *inside* that you are providing. That says something about what you are doing. I'm so excited for you!!