Tuesday, April 8, 2008

From the random vortex

Abby has discovered her ability to make word-like sounds. Ba ba ba ba ba ba ba. This is what we hear a good majority of the day. And it sounds beautiful. Oh, and she rolled over for the first time on Saturday! She was a little shocked by it. It hasn't happened again since. She's trying to still decide if she liked it or not.


It is grass-burning time here in the country. Every day, somewhere on the horizon, you can see smoke billowing. Yesterday, this was the view from our front porch. I must admit that it is a little disconcerting. Back in AZ, scenes like these would be accompanied by news helicopters flying, roads blocked, fire engines wailing, and the picture in the newspaper the next day of the many acres destroyed. It all looks very ugly right now, but I understand that the burning does wonders for the new grass that will grow. Something else to get used to in the country!





Our chickens have now taken to walking up and down the gravel road in front of our house. The road is the only road that goes through both ways to a more major road for a few miles in either direction, so we get more traffic on it than most other roads out here. I just hope the chickens are smart enough to get out of the way of cars. They all are still coming back to the coop at night, so I guess it doesn't matter much. They will be moving out to the pasture tonight, if all goes well, in their new movable coop. That'll be new and different for them!



I am absolutely loving my clothesline. Yesterday, even though the sun hid all day, we still hung the diapers out to dry. The kids are getting a kick out of it as well. They say we're just like Ma Ingalls!







And, that's all! Glad you came. I'll be here all week, folks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was seriously contemplating hanging my sheets out to dry just a bit ago when I switched them over from the washer. Pretty convinced I would be jumping the gun though since there is still a foot of snow in some spots in our yard, and the temp is only 5 degrees c.... SOON though. Soon and very soon! And I already know what my Winsome Wednesday post pictures will be on THAT glorious day :D